As beautiful as the ice glistens off tree branches and the snow gleams in the moonlight, they can be dangerous factors on the roadway. We would like to share a few safety tips to help keep you and your family safe on the winter roads.
- Just stay home! If there are reports of dangerous road conditions, stay home unless it is necessary to leave. We suggest staying home cuddled in your warm blanket and avoiding potentially hazardous traveling.
Have your vehicle “winter ready”:
- Check weather and road conditions in advance
- Make sure your car’s fluids are full/recently changed
- Windshield washer fluid
- Other vehicle fluids
- Have your Roadside Assistance card readily available
- If you have roadside assistance on your insurance or another plan elsewhere such as AAA
- Please call Briggs Agency, Inc. to discuss Roadside Assistance coverage, if you have any questions
DRIVE SLOWLY! Even if you have 4-wheel or All Wheel Drive, please slow down and drive cautiously on icy and/or snowy roads.
- Keep warm blankets, gloves and emergency kit in vehicle
- Do not “slam” on your brakes or gas pedal
- Keep calm and at a steady pace, avoid passing other vehicles and keep a safe distance from other vehicles
Wear your seatbelt and make sure children are properly strapped in their car seats.
- If you do happen to slide/skid, stay calm and correct your vehicle without touching gas pedal or slamming on brake pedal
We wish you all safe travels this winter season in Northwest Indiana! You can experience the benefits of being a part of a full service Independent Insurance Agency today! Simply contact Briggs Agency, Inc. if you are interested in an Insurance review at 219-769-4840 or visit our website at www.BriggsAgency.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Get A Quote