Personal Umbrella   

Insurance Policies

                                                           Why do I need a Personal Umbrella Insurance Policy?


Personal Umbrella policies are excess liability policies.  Liability coverage is what pays out to another party when you are liable (responsible) for any damages.  In my prior article, “Do you fully understand your Automobile Insurance Liability limits?” I touched base on liability coverage as it pertains to a Personal Automobile Insurance policy.  Your Auto Insurance policy has limits, in the amount you have chosen to carry.  If an accident, that you are held liable for, has damages that exceeds your limits then you are responsible personally for this additional amount owed. This is where a Personal Umbrella Insurance policy can come to the rescue.

Personal Umbrella policies normally start at $1 Million in coverage and usually require a higher liability limit on your underlying Homeowner’s, Automobile and other personal insurance policies (such as $250,000 per person bodily injury /$500,000 per accident bodily injury). So, if additional damages need to be paid out, exceeding your underlying policy limits, your Personal Umbrella policy will kick in to cover the additional up to $1 Million!

Personal Umbrella policies can be as low as $150 a year for an additional ONE MILLION DOLLARS in liability coverage!

Briggs Agency, Inc. offers several standard insurance carriers that offer higher underlying limits and package rates for Homeowners, Automobile, Personal Umbrella and any of your other Personal Insurance needs!

Call our office today to discuss further at (219) 769-4840!


Written By: Cassondra Summers

Posted 3:00 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018

View Mobile Version