During this unprecedented time, we are all spending more time at home. It is a great time to start those home improvements or updates you have had on your to-do list!
Planting flowers and painting make your home more beautiful, but these improvements are not going to affect your homeowners insurance. However, here are a few items that your insurance agent should know about to ensure you stay properly protected. Please see some examples below of when to call your insurance agent:
Contact Your Agent For Such Updates And Improvements As:
- Replacing the roof (may provide premium discount)
- Finishing the basement
- Adding a deck or porch
- Adding a detached garage/structure
- Adding a home security device/system (may provide premium discount)
- Addition of a Whole House Generator (may provide premium discount)
- Additions adding square footage
- Upgrade to finishes in kitchens and/or bathrooms
- Call to discuss any other updates or improvements
Please contact Briggs Agency, Inc. if you have made any
updates or improvements to your home!
Call us at (219) 769-4840 or contact us online.
Blog Written by: Cassondra Summers