We are welcoming the great meltdown here in Northwest Indiana! Our apologies to all of our snowmobiling and snowman-building friends! Speaking of snowmobiles, do not forget that Briggs Agency offers great coverage and rates for your snowmobile and any of your other outdoor toys!
We would like to share a few homeowner tips in regards to the snow melting. Please see a few below that will help avoid any water damage to your home:
1. Shovel that snow!
- Keep it away from the perimeter of your home and any ground level doors or windows.
- Keep your driveway and walkways clear and salted (in the event of freezing weather after melting).
- If there is any snow on your roof, keep snow clear of your gutters to try to avoid ice dams. Hiring a professional is highly suggested for safety reasons.
2. Check your home & fix any areas that water is entering
- Check for water entering into your foundation.
- Make sure your sump pump is working properly.
- Consider a battery backup for your sump pump.
- Check for water around windows, doors and walls as well.
3. Warm weather preventative care
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear of debris.
- Check your ground to see if there are any slopes toward your home that need to address to avoid any future drainage toward your home.
Please continue to drive safely and enjoy the rest of our winter season!
You can experience the benefits of being a part of a full service Independent Insurance Agency today! Simply contact Briggs Agency, Inc. if you are interested in an Insurance review at 219-769-4840 or visit our website at www.BriggsAgency.com. We look forward to hearing from you!