Garage Business Insurance
Our Garage Insurance programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s car, boat, ATV dealers and repair shops.
The basic insurance needed for garage businesses include a garage liability policy that provides protection to your business should you be liability for bodily injury or property damage to another party. Not all garage policies are the same, and based on your specific operations and client services you may need specific policy endorsement or extensions of coverage to adequately protect the business.
WHO NEEDS GARAGE INSURANCE?
· Auto dealers
· Auto repair and body shops
· Service stations
· Motorcycle, ATV, an recreational vehicle dealers
· Farm equipment dealers and service shops
Along with a garage liability policy, often times a business will need a GARAGEKEEPERS policy. This type of policy provides coverage for damage to customer automobiles when the vehicle is the custody of the garage business for storage, repair or safekeeping. Again, not all garagekeepers policies are the same and some policies offer broader coverage than others do. It is important to know the limits of your policy to make sure that your operations are in fact covered under the policy should a customer’s vehicle become damaged when it is in your possession. Your customer will certainly expect that is the case!
· Legal Liability - Pays for loss or damage for which the insured is legally obligated to pay
· Direct Excess - Pays for loss or damage without regard to the insured’s legal liability. If the insured is not legally liable, the payment will be excess of any other coverage the customer may have
· Direct Primary - Pays for loss or damage without regard to the insured’s legal liability or any other coverage the customer may have
MECHANICS ERRORS AND OMISSIONS COVERAGE
We believe mechanics E&O coverage is critical for a garage business to have. Many garage business owners do not understand that damage to their work or faulty work/parts is not covered under their basic garage policy, which can be very costly. A mechanics E&O policy or endorsement is a type of “professional liability” which will provide this coverage, and the premium to purchase the coverage is usually not very expensive.
OTHER COVERAGES YOU MAY NEED FOR YOUR GARAGE
· Property coverage including your building, tools and equipment
· Business income coverage
· Commercial auto policy
· General liability coverage if you have “other than garage” operations in your business
· Employment practices liability
· Employee benefits liability
· Cyber liability coverage
· Workers Compensation
· Umbrella liability
Briggs Agency has the versatility and flexibility needed to make sure you and your business are properly protected. With our Garage and Premier Garage programs, we provide broad coverage at a competitive rate, allowing you to customize a policy that will work for your garage business.
Contact us today to set up an appointment for us to review your business insurance needs and to receive a competitive proposal from us for your garage insurance. Our agency works with the highest rated and best in class commercial insurance carriers in the industry. Since 1946, we have been servicing Indiana and Illinois garage businesses.
Schedule a call with us here - https://www.briggsagency.com/business/commercial_insurance_request.aspx