How long has it been since you performed a maintenance check on your vehicle(s)? Fall is a great time to conduct this review and get them prepared for winter travel. Please review the winter checklist below for a few tips.
- Windshield wipers – now is the perfect time to get new wipers to be ready for winter snow and ice.
- Take your vehicle into your trusted mechanic for an inspection of:
Check the heater to make sure in working order
Prepare an emergency kit to store in your vehicle(s):
- Vehicle Fluids
- Be sure your spare tire is properly inflated and all tools are in the vehicle for tire replacement
- General overview of vehicle(s) to see if any maintenance is needed
Be sure all vehicle lights are in working order
- Jumper cables
- Hazard flares and road markers
- First aid kit
- Blankets & warm clothing
- Multi-purpose tools
- Inside and exterior of vehicle
We hope these few tips help you have safe travels!
Please also feel free to contact our agency for an insurance review! We have experienced licensed agents that take the time to explain coverages carefully and answer any questions you may have! Call our office today if you would like a Personal or Commercial Insurance review at 219-769-4840 or visit our website at www.BriggsAgency.com. We proudly represent the Northwest Indiana Area, but we are also licensed in Illinois, Michigan and other states throughout the US!
Also Read: Fall Household Preparation Checklist