Contractors Insurance Information
Like any business, independent contractors need insurance to protect themselves financially. What type of insurance you need depends on the type of work you do. Some types of insurance we offer for contractors include the following:
- Contractors General Liability
- Contractors Professional Liability
- Commercial Property Coverage including your building, tools, materials
- Coverage for leased or rented equipment
- Builders Risk Coverage
- Commercial Auto Coverage to protect your fleet
- Workers Compensation
- Group Health Programs
- Umbrella or Excess policies to provide extended coverage
Contractors have unique business needs. You and your employees spend a lot of time on your customer's premises, working on their homes, commercial buildings or property. Homeowners and business owners expect you to complete your job on time and without incident. Our services can help your business be protected against the unexpected.
Certificates of Insurance
We know that as a contractor you are required to send out a lot of certificates to others in which you do business with. We take care of this for you. We have a team of commercial customer service agents who are available to you for certificate of insurance requests, changes to your policies, issuing bonds, and reviewing certificates of insurance that you receive from other contractors doing business with you.
Do you use subcontractors? Businesses often ask: why do I need insurance if I am hiring sub-contractors who have their own insurance? Well that is a good question, and the answer is as the general contractor of a job you still carry some liability for your sub-contractors. You hired your sub to come on the jobsite and complete work, if their work causes damage or bodily injury to the client, the general contractor could potentially be involved in a lawsuit. We can help you establish an agreement with your subcontractors to help minimize your liability. We can also work with your subcontractors and their agents to make sure you have everything you want to see on their certificate of insurance.
Contractors that we work with in Lake County, Porter County, and Chicagoland area:
- General Contractors
- Construction Companies
- Roofing Contractors
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Landscaping Contractors
- Excavation Contractors
- Painting/Drywall Contractors
- Cleaning/Janitorial Contractors
- Miscellaneous Professional Contractors
We are happy to work with you and your business to review your current insurance program and risk management practices, create a tailored commercial insurance package for your business, and personalizing our service to you.
Some of our additional services include:
- Responding to your certificate of insurance requests in a timely fashion
- Reviewing your sub-contractor certificates
- Helping you establish return-to-work program
- Helping you establish a sub-contractor agreement
- Workers Comp and General Liability Audit review
- Annual, Semi-annual, or Quarterly business review and risk management analysis
- 24/7 Emergency support
Get started today!
Thank you for your interest in Briggs Agency.
Call our office at 219.769.4840 or email us
your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly. Lake County, Porter County, Chicagoland independent insurance professionals.